Martha's Fish Tacos Recipe
- 2 large ears sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 haddock fillet (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. Spread corn with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with 1 teaspoon chili powder. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Cool corn slightly; remove kernels from cobs. Place in a large bowl. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, avocado, taco sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, lime peel, and remaining chili powder.
- 4. Drizzle remaining lime juice over fish; cut into 1/2-in. cubes.
- 5. Add to corn mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture over each tortilla. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
2 tacos equals 446 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.