Martha's Fish Tacos Recipe
- 2 large ears sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 haddock fillet (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. Spread corn with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with 1 teaspoon chili powder. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Cool corn slightly; remove kernels from cobs. Place in a large bowl. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, avocado, taco sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, lime peel, and remaining chili powder.
- 4. Drizzle remaining lime juice over fish; cut into 1/2-in. cubes.
- 5. Add to corn mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture over each tortilla. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
2 tacos: 446 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Martha's Fish Tacos
"Excellent flavor! Very light!"
"My husband loved these. I didn't have tomatoes or taco sauce, so I just used salsa. It's winter so, no cob either, just used frozen corn w/sea salt. We used multigrain taco shells. Made a really nice meal, tasted light & was filling."
"My family LOVED these!"
"This was DELICIOUS! It was light and filling. I didn't cook on grill but prepared inside and added some shrimp. One of our favorite meals!"
"i wasn't a fan. didn't think flavor was anything special."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.