Martha's Fish Tacos Recipe
- 2 large ears sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 haddock fillet (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Spread corn with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with 1 teaspoon chili powder. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cool corn slightly; remove kernels from cobs. Place in a large bowl. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, avocado, taco sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, lime peel, and remaining chili powder.
- Drizzle remaining lime juice over fish; cut into 1/2-in. cubes.
- Add to corn mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture over each tortilla. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Martha's Fish Tacos(5)
Sort By :
Excellent flavor! Very light!
My husband loved these. I didn't have tomatoes or taco sauce, so I just used salsa. It's winter so, no cob either, just used frozen corn w/sea salt. We used multigrain taco shells. Made a really nice meal, tasted light & was filling.
My family LOVED these!
This was DELICIOUS! It was light and filling. I didn't cook on grill but prepared inside and added some shrimp. One of our favorite meals!
i wasn't a fan. didn't think flavor was anything special.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Corn >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Sweet Corn Recipes >