- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting, divided
- 36 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 drop each green, red and yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 12 chocolate wafers
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups
- 12 milk chocolate kisses
- For the face of each witch, place a dab of frosting on the bottom of three chocolate chips; press two for eyes and one for nose onto each marshmallow.
- For hair, combine green food coloring and a drop of water in a small resealable plastic bag; add coconut and shake well. Spread a small amount of frosting on sides of marshmallows; press coconut hair into frosting. Place 3 tablespoons of frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Set aside.
- For hats, spread some of the remaining frosting in the center of chocolate wafers; press peanut butter cups upside down into frosting. Lightly spread bottoms of chocolate kisses with frosting; place on peanut butter cups. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert a small star tip. Fill the bag with frosting and pipe stars around the base of each peanut butter cup. Secure a hat to each witch with a dab of frosting. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Marshmallow Witches
"I made these several years ago and they were so cute and pretty easy. My kids and their friends thought they were just bewitching. lol I think I will make them again this Halloween."
"Great recipe - kid pleaser for sure."
"These were very easy to make and looked amazing. The only thing you need to remember is use large Campfire marshmallows (3 times the size of regular mallows) @ (Walmart) then add frosting on the bottom of each item, the marshmallow, each (mini chocolate chip), for eye and nose, each wafer cookie, (you can use Oreo's, but remove the icing and only use 1 piece of cookie and put icing on the printed side of the cookie to top the mallows), each mini Reese's peanut butter cups, each Hershey kisses. If you follow this procedure you will be very happy with the outcome."
"These are so cute and it is time consuming. I added a little bit of egg white powder to the icing so that it would hold better and dry faster. For the eyes I just used. Frosting instead of the mini chocolate chips. For presentation I placed them on a cupcake liner because the marshmallows seem to fall over and not stand up. Seems to be top heavy."
"Looks and taste good"