Marshmallow Witches Recipe
Get ready for an assembly line, because these no-bake marshmallow witches are easy to prepare, and kids will love helping. They're perfect for gatherings because a dozen can be put together in just 30 minutes. Or whip up an extra batch, put them in plastic wrap, and tie with curly orange or black ribbon for festive party favors. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting, divided
- 36 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 drop each green, red and yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 12 chocolate wafers
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups
- 12 milk chocolate kisses
- 1. For the face of each witch, place a dab of frosting on the bottom of three chocolate chips; press two for eyes and one for nose onto each marshmallow.
- 2. For hair, combine green food coloring and a drop of water in a small resealable plastic bag; add coconut and shake well. Spread a small amount of frosting on sides of marshmallows; press coconut hair into frosting. Place 3 tablespoons of frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Set aside.
- 3. For hats, spread some of the remaining frosting in the center of chocolate wafers; press peanut butter cups upside down into frosting. Lightly spread bottoms of chocolate kisses with frosting; place on peanut butter cups. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert a small star tip. Fill the bag with frosting and pipe stars around the base of each peanut butter cup. Secure a hat to each witch with a dab of frosting. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC