My son took these to his first bake sale at school and was the hit of the class. I wrapped the pops in clear plastic wrap, tied them with decorative ribbon and stuck the sticks into a piece of Styrofoam for an attractive display.—Linda Dyches, Round Rock, Texas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 24 Popsicle sticks
- 9 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Decorating sprinkles
- 9 ounces white candy coating
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and marshmallows. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Place the cereal in a large bowl; add the marshmallow mixture and stir until combined. Shape into 2-in. balls; gently insert a Popsicle stick into the center of each ball.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip half of the treats in chocolate, allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Repeat with the white candy coating and remaining treats and decorating sprinkles. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Marshmallow Treat Pops in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p41
Reviews for Marshmallow Treat Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review