- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 24 Popsicle sticks
- 9 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Decorating sprinkles
- 9 ounces white candy coating
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and marshmallows. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Place the cereal in a large bowl; add the marshmallow mixture and stir until combined. Shape into 2-in. balls; gently insert a Popsicle stick into the center of each ball.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip half of the treats in chocolate, allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Repeat with the white candy coating and remaining treats and decorating sprinkles. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Marshmallow Treat Pops in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p41
Reviews for Marshmallow Treat Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2011
"Arrgh. I just finished making these to take to my daughter's church event. I should have known better than to use a recipe I had never tried.Some things you should know:-After making the cereal/marshmallow mixture, you will have to allow it to cool for a while before you can form it into balls. And you will have to heavily grease your hands. Often.-The popsicle sticks like to come out of the balls.-Do not try to dip the balls, then hang them upside to dry to get the bottoms to dry pretty. The cereal ball will fall apart and right off the stick. :(-I made 1.5x this recipe and barely had enough for 30.They do taste good! I may make it again, now that I know what not to do."
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2010
"I made this for church. They were a real hit with the kids."