Marshmallow Pops Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 40 large marshmallows
- 20 Popsicle sticks
- Toppings: assorted sprinkles, flaked coconut and ground walnuts
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil. Stir until smooth.
- 2. Thread two marshmallows onto each wooden pop stick. Roll marshmallows in melted chocolate, turning to coat. Allow excess to drip off. Roll in toppings of your choice. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Yield: 20 servings.
1 marshmallow pop (calculated without toppings) equals 131 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.