Marshmallow Pops Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 40 large marshmallows
- 20 wooden pop sticks
- Toppings: assorted sprinkles, shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips with oil; stir until smooth.
- 2. Thread two marshmallows on each pop stick. Dip marshmallows in melted chocolate, turning to coat; allow excess to drip off. Roll in toppings as desired. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving: 136 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Marshmallow Pops
"Why not roll them in graham cracker crumbs after they have been coated with chocolate? Instant S'Mores!"
"Can't stop eating these.......Wow! Amazing!"
"It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"My boys would love making these. I wonder if it would work with the Magic Shell coating for ice cream?"
"My kids and I loved making these for class parties when they were younger. Great fun for young cooks....and tastes wonderful as well!! :)"
"My son is 8 today and we made these to take to school for his friends. We got rave reviews!!!! He was so proud that he made them."
"Finally a new treat that my grand nieces and nephews like as do their parents."
"What's not to like, Marshmallows and chocolate are an ideal combination for the young and young at heart!"
"great idea! I am going to make these for our Sunday School Rally Day in Sept. It would also be a neat snack for Vacation Bible School"
"yum these look good"
"I made these this week what a fun treat, the kids loved them. I used mini cupcake cups instead of wax paper. I also put my in the fridge for a few hours to harden. GREAT idea! Thanks."
"Where did you get this recipe? I started doing this a few years ago. I use lollipop sticks instead of the Popsicle kind. I also use crushed Andes mints (the green and the red ones that are in the baking isle) and crushed gram crackers. I also put them in clear treat bags with a pouch of hot chocolate so i can hand them out during the holidays."
"The directions forget to tell ou to melt the chocolate."