Marshmallow Pops Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 40 large marshmallows
- 20 Popsicle sticks
- Toppings: assorted sprinkles, flaked coconut and ground walnuts
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil. Stir until smooth.
- 2. Thread two marshmallows onto each wooden stick. Roll marshmallows in melted chocolate, turning to coat. Allow excess to drip off. Roll in toppings of your choice. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Yield: 20 servings.
1 marshmallow pop (calculated without toppings) equals 131 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.