My brother calls this combo of popcorn, marshmallows, peanuts and pretzels the “perfect popcorn." The taste is reminiscent of a Big Hunk candy bar. — Julie Perez, Idaho Falls, Idaho
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 15 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup broken pretzel sticks, optional
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, marshmallows, peanuts and, if
- desired, pretzels. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter and
- corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Pour over
- popcorn mixture; toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Break into
- pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 5 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 183 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.