Marshmallow Mint Sauce
I get lots of smiles when I hand out batches of my mint-green dessert topping. Enjoy it on ice cream or chocolate cake.
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) spearmint candies, finely crushed
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- In a large saucepan combine the corn syrup, butter and crushed candy
- to a boil. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in marshmallow creme until blended. Gradually add the
- half-and-half cream; stir until smooth. Cool. Pour into jars. Cover
- and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve over ice
- cream. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream) equals 106 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.