Marshmallow Lime Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve both packages of gelatin in boiling water. Add marshmallows and stir until dissolved. Chill until partially set.
- 2. Combine the pineapple, cottage cheese and mayonnaise; stir into gelatin. Pour into a 9-in. square dish. Chill until firm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 piece: 259 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Marshmallow Lime Salad
"I can remember preparing this recipe for a shower-it might have been a baby shower, now that I think of it! I did prepare this salad when it was featured in Taste of Home! Instead of lime gelatin, I'd used a 3-oz. package of lemon gelatin and a 3-oz. package of "fruit punch" flavored gelatin in place of the lime gelatin! I'd used canned DRAINED chunks of pineapple which I'd cut into smaller pieces and when I'd chilled this salad, I kept it chilled for at least 1 to 1-1/2 hours. I've found that other flavors of gelatin may be substituted as long as they're compatible for gelatin salads! This salad was tasty! delowenstein"