Cool, fluffy and green, this salad has lots of kid appeal despite the cottage cheese and mayonnaise mixed in it. My daughter enjoyed this salad as a child, and now her two children love it, too.—Fleda Collins, Talbott, Tennessee
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- In a bowl, dissolve both packages of gelatin in boiling water. Add marshmallows and stir until dissolved. Chill until partially set.
- Combine the pineapple, cottage cheese and mayonnaise; stir into gelatin. Pour into a 9-in. square dish. Chill until firm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Marshmallow Lime Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p14
Reviews for Marshmallow Lime Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review