Marshmallow Grasshopper Pie Recipe
After a hearty meal, this light, refreshing pie hits the spot. Chocolate and mint are definitely meant for each other. I make this festive treat at Christmas and whenever my son comes to visit. He loves it with sweet cherries on top.
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 35 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 3 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with foil; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, cream and shortening; cook over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pie plate; spread evenly over bottom and sides of plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and salt; cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in creme de menthe and creme de cacao. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Carefully remove foil from chocolate crust and return crust to pie plate. Fold whipped cream into filling; pour into crust. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 413 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC