Marshmallow Fruit Kabobs Recipe
Claudia Ruis knows a way to slip more fruit into your family's diet. "Both kids and adults love these fun grilled fruit kabobs. I like the fact that the sauce and be made ahead of time," she writes from Massapequa, New York. "Kids will have a great time helping to assemble the kabobs, too."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 large fresh plums, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Mash and strain raspberries, reserving juice. Discard seeds. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, sugar and raspberry juice; set aside.
- 2. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread fruit and marshmallows. Combine lemon juice and honey; brush over fruit.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place kabobs over drip pan and grill over indirect medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until marshmallows are golden, turning frequently. Serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (2 kabobs with 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce) equals 204 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC