Marshmallow Fruit Bowl Recipe
Patricia Staudt of Marble Rock, Iowa dresses up canned fruit with marshmallows and a home-cooked pudding-like dressing to make this light and refreshing salad. At 31 cents a serving, it's an economical addition to most any meal.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (15 ounces) chunky mixed fruit
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. Drain pineapple and mixed fruit, reserve 1 cup of juice. Set fruit aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in lemon juice and reserved fruit juices until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Cool completely.
- 3. Fold in the whipped topping, marshmallows, pineapple and mixed fruit. Transfer to a serving bowl. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 117 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC