Marshmallow Chocolate-Covered Cherries
Each year, I have to plan on producing even more of these simple-to-make candies— they're the ones my husband likes best, and they're the first to disappear.
54 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a bowl, cream butter. Add marshmallow creme, salt, extract and
- sugar; mix well. Knead into a large ball; chill for 1 hour. Roll
- into 1-in. balls and flatten into 2-in. circles. Wrap circles around
- cherries and carefully shape into balls. Place on a waxed
- paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely; refrigerate for 4 hours or
- overnight. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler or
- microwave-safe bowl. Dip cherries in chocolate; place on waxed paper
- to harden. Refrigerate in a covered container 1-2 weeks before
- serving. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.