- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Beat in butterscotch mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to batter and beat until mix well. Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Marshmallow Brownies(10)
Sort By :
I recall preparing these brownies and I substituted peanut butter chips for butterscotch chips! I've omitted the nuts since nuts are a food which a number of people are either sensitive to or else don't care for. In fact, I've put this recipe to use from time to time! I greased and floured my baking pan! Thank you, Renee Schwebach for this recipe! It's been a keeper for me! I enjoy different varieties of brownie recipes to prepare! delowenstein
Yummy! The butterscotch flavor is mild and the marshmallows add a nice gooeyness.
The marshmallows are supposed to melt in these brownies, not stay whole. They are what give the brownies a different texture than regular brownies. They are kind of difficult to get out of the pan without making a mess, but I think they're worth it!
Very good! The melted marshmallows gives them a bit of a fluffy (for lack of a better word) texture on the top, yet they're gooey and not cakey.
I love the taste they are AWESOME! However, difficult to tell when they are done baking. I took them out after the 25 min worried about over baking them. Then let them cool and tried one and it was like dough so I put them back in for about 10 min and they were good. I love them! Thank you for the recipe! They are very easy to make too!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >