"Picnickers of all ages will love these yummy bars loaded with goodies!" predicts Renee Schwebach, a field editor from Dumont, Minnesota.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Beat in butterscotch mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to batter and beat until mix well. Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Marshmallow Brownies in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p18
Reviews for Marshmallow Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review