Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Key lime peel
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor; process until almonds are finely chopped. Add melted butter and honey; process until crumbly. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat 5 ounces cream cheese, milk, lime peel, lime juice and salt until blended. Add egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Bake 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, place marshmallows and butter in a small heavy saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in remaining cream cheese until blended. Beat in cream. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- 4. Beat chilled marshmallow mixture until light and fluffy. Spread over pie; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 587 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie
"This sounds absolutely yummy.came across it while looking for certain cheesecake recipe. Can this be made into a cheesecake ?"
"This pie is amazing. I have made it twice now. Better than anything you can get even at fine restaurants."
"This is the 3rd time my son has requested this pie in just a couple months. It is very flavorful and a wonderful spin on Key-Lime Pie. I will be making this many more times to come!"
"This was an excellent spin on key lime pie. No, it's not like the original key lime pie, but was delicious just the same. The person who says none of the key lime pie recipes on this site taste like key lime pie must not be using the same ingredients I do! Thank you for this recipe. P.S. My family all agreed I should share this recipe in our church cookbook, which I have."
"HORRIBLE! Didin't even taste like a key lime pie! None of the key lime recipes on this site do!"
"I made this with a premade graham cracker crust. It wa delicious!!!"
"This was a definite hit at my family's thanksgiving dinner. (we live in an area that is hot most of the year so this is normal fare for us) Even picky family memebers thought it was the best Key lime pie they ever had."
"this is great Key Lime Pie, DO NOT use regular limes or lime juice, sorry, but it just won't be the same. You must use Key Limes, or Nellie's Key Lime Juice from Whole Foods. It's worth it!"
"Best Key Lime Pie I've EVER had!!!!! Using freshly squeezed key limes makes the flavor so sweet and delicious! It's amazing!!!! I can't wait to make it again!"
"delicious...great crust too"
"This was delicious! I am a mom of 3 small kids and usuallly don't have time to make pies. However, I plan to make time to make this pie again. My kids and hard-to-please husband absolutely loved this pie."
"THE best key lime pie we ever ate!!"