Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie Recipe
It's great to see that many grocers now carry key limes, which give this pie its distinctive sweet-tart flavor.—Judy Castranova, New Bern, North Carolina
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Key lime peel
- Dash salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place the flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Add melted butter and honey; cover and process until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the milk, 5 ounces cream cheese, lime juice, peel and salt until blended. Add egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cream and remaining cream cheese; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 4. Beat marshmallow mixture until light and fluffy. Spread over pie; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 587 calories, 35 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC