Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie Recipe
It's great to see that many grocers now carry key limes, which give this pie its distinctive sweet-tart flavor.—Judy Castranova, New Bern, North Carolina
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Key lime peel
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor; process until almonds are finely chopped. Add melted butter and honey; process until crumbly. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat 5 ounces cream cheese, milk, lime peel, lime juice and salt until blended. Add egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Bake 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, place marshmallows and butter in a small heavy saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in remaining cream cheese until blended. Beat in cream. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- 4. Beat chilled marshmallow mixture until light and fluffy. Spread over pie; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 587 calories, 35 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC