- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Key lime peel
- Dash salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Add melted butter and honey; cover and process until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, 5 ounces cream cheese, lime juice, peel and salt until blended. Add egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cream and remaining cream cheese; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Beat marshmallow mixture until light and fluffy. Spread over pie; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie
Sort By :
"This pie is amazing. I have made it twice now. Better than anything you can get even at fine restaurants."
"This is the 3rd time my son has requested this pie in just a couple months. It is very flavorful and a wonderful spin on Key-Lime Pie. I will be making this many more times to come!"
"This was an excellent spin on key lime pie. No, it's not like the original key lime pie, but was delicious just the same. The person who says none of the key lime pie recipes on this site taste like key lime pie must not be using the same ingredients I do! Thank you for this recipe. P.S. My family all agreed I should share this recipe in our church cookbook, which I have."
"HORRIBLE! Didin't even taste like a key lime pie! None of the key lime recipes on this site do!"
"I made this with a premade graham cracker crust. It wa delicious!!!"