- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Key lime peel
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor; process until almonds are finely chopped. Add melted butter and honey; process until crumbly. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat 5 ounces cream cheese, milk, lime peel, lime juice and salt until blended. Add egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Bake 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place marshmallows and butter in a small heavy saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in remaining cream cheese until blended. Beat in cream. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Beat chilled marshmallow mixture until light and fluffy. Spread over pie; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie
"The filling in this keylime pie is wonderful; however, as a preference, I used a homemade shortbread butter crust and homemade whipped cream on top. It was perfect!"
"This sounds absolutely yummy.came across it while looking for certain cheesecake recipe. Can this be made into a cheesecake ?"
"This pie is amazing. I have made it twice now. Better than anything you can get even at fine restaurants."
"This was an excellent spin on key lime pie. No, it's not like the original key lime pie, but was delicious just the same. The person who says none of the key lime pie recipes on this site taste like key lime pie must not be using the same ingredients I do! Thank you for this recipe. P.S. My family all agreed I should share this recipe in our church cookbook, which I have."
"HORRIBLE! Didin't even taste like a key lime pie! None of the key lime recipes on this site do!"
"I made this with a premade graham cracker crust. It wa delicious!!!"
"this is great Key Lime pie, DO NOT use regular limes or lime juice, sorry, but it just won't be the same. You must use Key Limes, or Nellie's Key Lime Juice from Whole Foods. It's worth it!"