Marsala Pork Chops for Two Recipe
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop (calculated without noodles) equals 520 calories, 36 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chops in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the white wine, marsala, pepper and salt, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly evaporated. Stir in butter until melted. Serve with pork chops and noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Marsala Pork Chops for Two
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC