- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chops in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the white wine, Marsala, pepper and salt, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly evaporated. Stir in butter until melted. Serve with pork chops and noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Marsala Pork Chops
Sort By :
Like other reviewers, I cut back on onion & garlic & added fresh mushrooms while those sautéed. Also butterflied & pounded the pork loin portions prior to cooking. I would give this 4.5 stars, but since it's not an option, gave it 4. Will certainly make this again.
What a great base recipe that is easily adjustable for individual tastes. I backed off on the onions and garlic and sauteed them in a separate pan so I could cook them to a carmalized stage without making the chops sit for a long time. The sauce was sooooo good I would make extra next time. My husband can be a little picky and he LOVED it.
Thank you for sharing this recipe!
This recipe was interesting. You need to like onions and garlic for sure. I thought it needed mushrooms, but overall it was quite good.
excellent. used all broth
This was delicious! I loved the sauce/gravy! I used cornflake crumbs to bread my chops because we prefer them. I will make this often!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >