Marsala Crab-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Holiday dinners in my youth meant Mom would be serving these stuffed chicken breasts. They’re now part of my own family’s Christmas Eve custom.
6 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in 2 teaspoons
- flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the
- crab, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each piece with 3
- tablespoons crab mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a