Marsala Chicken & Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrots and onion in remaining butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cream. Return to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 632 calories, 44 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 468 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Marsala Chicken & Mushrooms
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.