Marsala Chicken & Mushrooms Recipe
Chicken Marsala is one of my top-picks for Italian food. I wanted to learn how to make it myself and took about 5 different recipes and came up with my own version. The first time I made it my mom didn't stop talking about it for a week.—Nickie Frye, Evansville, Indiana
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrots and onion in remaining butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cream. Return to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 632 calories, 44g fat (21g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Marsala Chicken & Mushrooms
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2014
"Yum! One of my new fav recipes!! Thanks."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC