"A church friend prepares these delicate pastries for gatherings, but they're usually gone before she gets the platter to the serving table," reports Anna Jean Allen of West Liberty, Kentucky.
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup marmalade
- In a small bowl, combine butter and cheese. Add flour; stir until
- mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness; cut
- into 2-3/4-in. circles. Place 1/2 teaspoon marmalade on each circle.
- Fold pastry over and seal edges with a fork. Cut slits in top of
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 5-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 128 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.