Marmalade Soy Wings
Whether I use drumettes or chicken wings, these savory bites are always popular. I keep the pretty glazed appetizers warm during parties by serving them in my slow cooker. —Carole Nelson, Parkville, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min.
- 15 whole chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In
- a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, marmalade, garlic, ginger and
- pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup marinade for basting.
- Place remaining marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add wing
- sections; seal bag and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for 8 hours
- or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken wings in a greased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15
- Baste with a third of the reserved marinade; bake 15 minutes longer.
- Baste with remaining marinade. Bake 10-20 minutes more or until
- chicken juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or