Marmalade Raisin Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (4 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil. Place ham on a rack in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the water, 1/2 cup orange juice, marmalade, raisins and spices in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until raisins are softened and mixture is reduce to 1-3/4 cups.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth. Gradually stir into glaze. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Brush ham with glaze. Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked ham) equals 163 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1177 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Marmalade Raisin Glazed Ham
"I hope this is good because I'm going to make it for Easter!:>)"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer