Marmalade Pudding Cakes Recipe
For a light and elegant dessert, field editor Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington serves guests these cute custard treats. The fluffy cakes are accented with orange peel and glazed with marmalade sauce.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and orange peel.
- 2. In another small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture.
- 3. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups thoroughly coated with cooking spray. Place the cups in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans; add 1 in. of boiling water to pans.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Run a knife around the edges; carefully invert cakes onto dessert plates.
- 5. Combine marmalade and remaining lemon juice; drizzle over warm cakes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cake equals 201 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC