Marmalade Pudding Cakes Recipe
For a light and elegant dessert, field editor Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington serves guests these cute custard treats. The fluffy cakes are accented with orange peel and glazed with marmalade sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and orange peel.
- 2. In another small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture.
- 3. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups thoroughly coated with cooking spray. Place the cups in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans; add 1 in. of boiling water to pans.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Run a knife around the edges; carefully invert cakes onto dessert plates.
- 5. Combine marmalade and remaining lemon juice; drizzle over warm cakes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cake equals 201 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Marmalade Pudding Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC