Marmalade Pudding Cakes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and orange peel.
- 2. In another small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture.
- 3. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups thoroughly coated with cooking spray. Place the cups in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans; add 1 in. of boiling water to pans.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Run a knife around the edges; carefully invert cakes onto dessert plates.
- 5. Combine marmalade and remaining lemon juice; drizzle over warm cakes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cake: 201 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (29g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Marmalade Pudding Cakes
"Am very glad this is diabetic friendly. Thank you for sharing! K. Easily halved to suit my diet."
"I made this dessert for some friends one evening. They were a hit!"