- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and orange peel.
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture.
- Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups thoroughly coated with cooking spray. Place the cups in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans; add 1 in. of boiling water to pans.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Run a knife around the edges; carefully invert cakes onto dessert plates.
- Combine marmalade and remaining lemon juice; drizzle over warm cakes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Marmalade Pudding Cakes in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p53
Reviews for Marmalade Pudding Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
Am very glad this is diabetic friendly. Thank you for sharing! K. Easily halved to suit my diet.
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2009
I made this dessert for some friends one evening. They were a hit!