- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in flour and egg yolks until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and orange peel.
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture.
- Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups thoroughly coated with cooking spray. Place the cups in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans; add 1 in. of boiling water to pans.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Run a knife around the edges; carefully invert cakes onto dessert plates.
- Combine marmalade and remaining lemon juice; drizzle over warm cakes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Marmalade Pudding Cakes in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p53
Reviews for Marmalade Pudding Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
"Am very glad this is diabetic friendly. Thank you for sharing! K. Easily halved to suit my diet."
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2009
"I made this dessert for some friends one evening. They were a hit!"