Marmalade Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, marmalade and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the marmalade and cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled muffins. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Marmalade Muffins
"The muffins were soft and moist but had very little orange flavor, so I decided to make an orange filling like you would for an orange meringue pie. I shot some filling into each muffin like you would for a jelly donut.That did the trick. My husband was a happy camper."