Marmalade Muffins Recipe
This is simply my all-time favorite recipe! The sweet orange marmalade added to the icing and baked right into these golden muffins makes breakfast something to celebrate.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, marmalade and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the marmalade and cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled muffins. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC