This is simply my all-time favorite recipe! The sweet orange marmalade added to the icing and baked right into these golden muffins makes breakfast something to celebrate.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, marmalade and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the marmalade and cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled muffins. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Marmalade Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p21
Reviews for Marmalade Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review