Marmalade and mustard? They may sound like strange bedfellows, but this tasty main course proves they’re a match made in heaven. —Mike Tchou, Pepper Pike, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds), cut into four steaks
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small saucepan, heat marmalade and mustard over low heat. Whisk
- in butter until melted. Set aside 1/4 cup glaze for serving.
- Broil steaks 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°),
- basting occasionally with remaining glaze.
- Spoon reserved glaze over steaks; sprinkle with onions. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak equals 338 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold