Marmalade-Glazed Steaks Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds), cut into four steaks
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat marmalade and mustard over low heat. Whisk in butter until melted. Set aside 1/4 cup glaze for serving.
- 2. Broil steaks 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with remaining glaze.
- 3. Spoon reserved glaze over steaks; sprinkle with onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1 steak equals 338 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Marmalade-Glazed Steaks
"Packed with flavor! YUM!~ Theresa"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.