Marmalade-Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh carrots halved lenthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, marmalade, 1 tablespoon water, brown sugar, butter and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until carrots are tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into carrot mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 159 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Marmalade-Glazed Carrots
"Love it. Great holiday/fall recipe. Save yourself some time and just buy baby petite carrots. Comes out just fine."
"This makes for a good alternative holiday side. I didn't give it five stars because I felt like the recipe came out a bit bitter. It might have been the marmalade. I always feel like its a tad bitter. So, since I'm from the south, I ended up doubling the brown sugar and butter :) I also thickened it up a bit more with more cornstarch because I like a thick sauce that sticks to the carrot and doesn't run over everything in your plate."
"It was good but not my favorite. I had to leave out the cinnamon due to an allergy and I am sure that is what made the difference. My husband liked his though. (He sprinkled cinnamon on them)"
"Yummy & so easy to just throw in the slow cooker! Nice flavors!~ Theresa"
"I do not like carrots but I made this recipe for a family dinner because everyone else likes them. They said the flavor was good but the carrots were still too raw after 6 hours on low and 1/2 hour on high. My mother took the leftovers home and plans to continue cooking them on the stovetop."
"Very good, I made it for my Mom, Dad and sister. My sister dosn't like marmalade but she loved this!"
"Very good and another fix it and forget it for a while recipe."
"I'm sure my family will love this recipe. Thanks for the review. "
"This is an awesome recipe and so easy to get ready. I think it would make a great alternative to sweet potatoes at the holidays. We added a few chopped pecans when we served these and they were an added delight. Will make this again for sure!!"
"I made this carrot recipe for a church dinner and it was very good."