Marmalade-Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cold water,divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, marmalade, 1 tablespoon water, brown sugar, butter and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until carrots are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into carrot mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Marmalade-Glazed Carrots(8)
Sort By :
It was good but not my favorite. I had to leave out the cinnamon due to an allergy and I am sure that is what made the difference. My husband liked his though. (He sprinkled cinnamon on them)
Yummy & so easy to just throw in the slow cooker! Nice flavors!
I do not like carrots but I made this recipe for a family dinner because everyone else likes them. They said the flavor was good but the carrots were still too raw after 6 hours on low and 1/2 hour on high. My mother took the leftovers home and plans to continue cooking them on the stovetop.
Very good, I made it for my Mom, Dad and sister. My sister dosn't like marmalade but she loved this!
Very good and another fix it and forget it for a while recipe.