Marmalade Date Pastries
These pretty pastries take a little time to put together but are worth the effort. They have a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth flavor.
-Nancy Lewis, Warwick, Rhode Island
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (11 ounces) pie crust mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 24 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place the pie crust mix in a bowl. Cut in cream cheese until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and stir to form a ball. Cover and
- refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each
- portion into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut into 3-in. squares.
- Cut dates in half lengthwise; fill each with 1/2 teaspoon marmalade.
- Place a date in the center of each pastry square. Moisten corners
- with water; bring corners together, pinching dough to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners'
- sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 248 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.