Marmalade Date Pastries Recipe
These pretty pastries take a little time to put together but are worth the effort. They have a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth flavor. -Nancy Lewis, Warwick, Rhode Island
- 1 package (11 ounces) pie crust mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 24 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place the pie crust mix in a bowl. Cut in cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and stir to form a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut into 3-in. squares.
- Cut dates in half lengthwise; fill each with 1/2 teaspoon marmalade. Place a date in the center of each pastry square. Moisten corners with water; bring corners together, pinching dough to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Marmalade Date Pastries in Reminisce July/August 2003, p49
Reviews for Marmalade Date Pastries(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review