Marmalade Candied Carrots Recipe
My favorite way to make baby carrots is to steam them, then drizzle with an orangey glaze that makes them candy-sweet. —Heather Clemmons, Supply, NC
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place carrots in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 12-15 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine marmalade, brown sugar and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in pecans and extract.
- 3. Place carrots in a large bowl. Add marmalade mixture and toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 211 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC