Marmalade Candied Carrots
These crisp-tender carrots have a citrusy sweet flavor that really dresses up this veggie. It's my favorite carrot recipe. —Heather Clemmons, Supply, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place
- carrots in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a
- low boil; steam, covered, 12-15 minutes or until carrots are
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine marmalade, brown sugar and
- butter; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened
- and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in pecans and extract.
- Place carrots in a large bowl. Add marmalade mixture and toss gently
- to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 211 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.