- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place carrots in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 12-15 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine marmalade, brown sugar and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in pecans and extract.
- Place carrots in a large bowl. Add marmalade mixture and toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Marmalade Candied Carrots
Sort By :
I tried this recipe a few days ago.
As much as I love carrots, this recipe proved to be way too sweet.
With the leftovers, I rinsed off the marmalade and reheated with good old butter and herbs!
I pealed and toped my carrotts, the sauce didn't get as thick as I assumed it would get but the taste was wonderful. We had this with the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia (TOH) and the sauce and the pecans on the fish was so yummy too!
Very good! Didn't have pecans so I used walnuts.
I didn't have plain pecans, so I used candied pecans instead. It made it even better! My 6 year old asked for seconds!
For special dinners, this is so tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >