Marmalade Baked Ham
"My family loves the flavor that orange marmalade, beer and brown sugar give this ham," says Clo Runco. The Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania reader scores the ham and inserts whole cloves for an appealing look with little effort.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 12 to 15 whole cloves
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each
- Pour beer or broth over ham. Rub brown sugar over surface of ham.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Spread with marmalade. Bake, uncovered, for 15-25 minutes longer or
- until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 157 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,017 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer