"My family loves the flavor that orange marmalade, beer and brown sugar give this ham," says Clo Runco. The Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania reader scores the ham and inserts whole cloves for an appealing look with little effort.
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 12 to 15 whole cloves
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond.
- Pour beer or broth over ham. Rub brown sugar over surface of ham. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Spread with marmalade. Bake, uncovered, for 15-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Marmalade Baked Ham in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p34
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Marmalade Baked Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2013