Marmalade Baked Ham Recipe
"My family loves the flavor that orange marmalade, beer and brown sugar give this ham," says Clo Runco. The Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania reader scores the ham and inserts whole cloves for an appealing look with little effort.
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 12 to 15 whole cloves
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond.
- Pour beer or broth over ham. Rub brown sugar over surface of ham. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Spread with marmalade. Bake, uncovered, for 15-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Marmalade Baked Ham in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Ham Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Ham Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >