Marlene's Hash Brown Supreme
As a cook in a restaurant, I'm always searching for new recipes. One day I came up with this new breakfast item and served it to some of our "regulars". they declared it a success, and it has since been added to the menu.
1-2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add the next six
- ingredients; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes,
- stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are browned. Season with
- salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over low heat
- for 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 359 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.