As a cook in a restaurant, I'm always searching for new recipes. One day I came up with this new breakfast item and served it to some of our "regulars". they declared it a success, and it has since been added to the menu.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add the next six ingredients; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are browned. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over low heat for 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Originally published as Marlene's Hash Brown Supreme in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p31
Reviews for Marlene's Hash Brown Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review