Marlene's Hash Brown Supreme Recipe
As a cook in a restaurant, I'm always searching for new recipes. One day I came up with this new breakfast item and served it to some of our "regulars". they declared it a success, and it has since been added to the menu.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add the next six ingredients; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are browned. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over low heat for 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Originally published as Marlene's Hash Brown Supreme in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p31
Reviews for Marlene's Hash Brown Supreme(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2013
This sounded really yummy so I made it for our supper with ribs and fresh green beans. We loved it so much and my husband has asked me to put it on our list of things to make again. Thanks.