Mark's Marinated Mushrooms
This appetizer is equally delicious served hot or cold. It's a real crowd-pleaser.—Mark Curry, Buena Vista, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 1 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over
- medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, for 6 minutes, stirring once.
- Cool to room temperature. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and
- refrigerate overnight. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 69 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.