Marjoram Mushroom Soup
This creamy soup features fresh mushrooms and the pleasant flavoring of marjoram.—Michele Odstrcilek, Lemont, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, saute the potato, leek and onion in oil for 4
- minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and
- half of the marjoram. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until
- potato is tender. Cool slightly.
- Puree in small batches in a blender; return all to pan. Whisk in sour
- cream and butter; season with salt and pepper. Heat through but do
- not boil. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining marjoram.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 213 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium,