Marjoram Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the potato, leek and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and half of the marjoram. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Puree in small batches in a blender; return all to pan. Whisk in sour cream and butter; season with salt and pepper. Heat through but do not boil. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining marjoram. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 213 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Marjoram Mushroom Soup
"Too thin and tasteless"
"This soup is delicious. Make sure to season each layer as you go. Wonderful as it is or with a pinch of dried thyme thrown in as well."
"This soup was creamy and delicious. It was quick and easy and definitely a crowd pleaser! I substituted butter for the vegetable oil but that was my only change. It was also yummy with shredded asiago cheese as a garnish."