Marjoram Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the potato, leek and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and half of the marjoram. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Puree in small batches in a blender; return all to pan. Whisk in sour cream and butter; season with salt and pepper. Heat through but do not boil. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining marjoram. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 213 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Marjoram Mushroom Soup
"Too thin and tasteless"
"This soup is delicious. Make sure to season each layer as you go. Wonderful as it is or with a pinch of dried thyme thrown in as well."
"This soup was creamy and delicious. It was quick and easy and definitely a crowd pleaser! I substituted butter for the vegetable oil but that was my only change. It was also yummy with shredded asiago cheese as a garnish."