- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, saute the potato, leek and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and half of the marjoram. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Cool slightly.
- Puree in small batches in a blender; return all to pan. Whisk in sour cream and butter; season with salt and pepper. Heat through but do not boil. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining marjoram. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marjoram Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p56
Reviews for Marjoram Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2013
"Too thin and tasteless"
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2013
"This soup is delicious. Make sure to season each layer as you go. Wonderful as it is or with a pinch of dried thyme thrown in as well."