This creamy soup features fresh mushrooms and the pleasant flavoring of marjoram.—Michele Odstrcilek, Lemont, Illinois
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, saute the potato, leek and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and half of the marjoram. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Cool slightly.
- Puree in small batches in a blender; return all to pan. Whisk in sour cream and butter; season with salt and pepper. Heat through but do not boil. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining marjoram. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marjoram Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p56
Reviews for Marjoram Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review