- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, saute the potato, leek and onion in oil for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and half of the marjoram. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Cool slightly.
- Puree in small batches in a blender; return all to pan. Whisk in sour cream and butter; season with salt and pepper. Heat through but do not boil. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining marjoram. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Marjoram Mushroom Soup(3)
Sort By :
Too thin and tasteless
This soup is delicious. Make sure to season each layer as you go. Wonderful as it is or with a pinch of dried thyme thrown in as well.
This soup was creamy and delicious. It was quick and easy and definitely a crowd pleaser! I substituted butter for the vegetable oil but that was my only change. It was also yummy with shredded asiago cheese as a garnish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >