Providing 13 grams of fiber per serving, this delicious medley packs nutritional benefits! Enjoy the homey dish with a light meat entree or keep it meatless with a side of corn bread or rice. Mildred Sherrer of Roanoke, Texas shares the recipe.
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the carrots, onions and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, lentils, marjoram and sage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, sherry or additional broth and parsley; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marjoram Lentils in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p53
Reviews for Marjoram Lentils
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review