Marjoram Green Beans
This easy-to-do vegetable dish becomes memorable with the addition of marjoram. The taste is very subtle, yet distinctive. I like to fix beans this way for special dinners, since the bright green is so pretty on the plate.
-Charlene Griffin, Minocqua, Wisconsin
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Place the beans and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain. Add the butter, salt, pepper and marjoram; stir until butter
- is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 61 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.