Maritime Grilled Fish
Sweet honey and zippy red pepper flakes accent the herb-enhanced marinade Julie Craghead uses for grilled fish. "It's also good on chicken," Julie writes from Peoria, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine, soy sauce,
- honey, oil, garlic and seasonings; add fish. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes
- on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 235 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 791 mg sodium,