Marinated Zucchini Salad Recipe
Meet the Cook: This recipe has been passed down for generations in my family - it helps to use up the late-summer squash from the garden, and it'll keep for several days in the refrigerator. Wherever I take it, I have to take the recipe, too! Now that we're retired (we have one son), my husband and I enjoy being at home with each other, gardening...and trying out plenty of recipes. -Billie Blanton, Kingsport, Tennessee
- 6 small zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine zucchini, green pepper, celery, onion and pimientos in a medium bowl; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour marinade over vegetables toss gently. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC