Marinated Veggie Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- 2. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add tomatoes. Cut remaining vegetables into 1-in. pieces; add to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- 4. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 kabobs.
2 kabobs equals 521 calories, 29 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Marinated Veggie Beef Kabobs
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.