These colorful kabobs are a wonderful way to showcase fresh veggies from your garden. Each bite is tender and flavorful, and the aroma is amazing. —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add tomatoes. Cut remaining vegetables into 1-in. pieces; add to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Originally published as Marinated Veggie Beef Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p81
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Marinated Veggie Beef Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review